Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Journey

A year ago today I ran a half marathon. I was at the peak of my physical and mental health. I was happy, charged, energetic, getting fitter everyday...until I hit a wall. After that run, I don't know what happened, but I've been in a funk ever since. Well, "Today is a new day" - Chicken Little.

I've realized I need a goal, I need to get some life in my life. So, my goal is to be fulfilled and be happy and be a better person for my kids. I have three goals at this time: 1) Read the Bible (NT) in 40 days. 2) Finish one sewing project every month. 3) Have the cleanest house on the block. I will never succeed in #3 because of my neighbor but I will try every day.

This past weekend has been my best weekend in a long time. I did two things: read a book about something important that I enjoy learning about, not just a novel; and I cleaned out my office and started a few sewing projects. Which came out pretty dang cute if I do say so myself. So, goodbye old sad self, hello happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment